Thursday

December 20- by Kianna

Yesterday, Mr. Kootman called in sick. Everybody thought he made an excuse just to get away from us kids. So Mr. Kootman asked our student teacher ( Ms. Sarina) to take over for the day. Right now Mr. Kootman wants to see how fast I am by doing a blog in one day. I started taking notes yesterday.... and I think I'm going to succeed on it. Because we have a lot of fast typers in my class. But he chose me because he had pride in me. Let's stop talking about this and go into the real world.

In math we took a multiplication test. Some of the problems were: 9x4;9x9;5x3; and some other stuff. My class's average is 85%. last time we had 83%. After the test we opened our math book and we're on 11.5. The lesson was called Solving Simpler Problems. It was like: 96x31. Instead of doing 96x31... it's going' to be much harder with that math on your paper. We rounded the factors just did 100x30. We had to do those types of problems on our white boards.

Afterwards, we read Sewed up his Heart. Sewed up his Heart is about a man named Mr. Cornish getting stabbed in the heart. He went straight to the hospital to get sewed up. A Dr. named Dr. Dan decided he'll operate because he faced a challenge. Then, Ms Sarina picked a stick . My number is 24 when she said " Kianna, what is the story about?" And guess what I said? Murder. Where did I get the word murder from? No one was murdered.

After, Mr. Kootman & Ms. Sarina decided that we have to draw Dr. Dan out of words. He told us to draw him lightly and then on the lines write who Dr. Dan was about. When that was over we did apostrophes. For my class and I, apostrophes were like review to us. The two places we need to remember apostrophes are for contractions and for possessive nouns. We did apostrophes for at least 20 min.

Once we finished that, we went to lunch. Then, Ms. Sarina read By The Great Horn Spoon. We're on chapter 10 called The Rogue Out-Rouged. We didn't start it yet but we will after lunch.

On December 20 we will have a party, well.. Mr. Kootman wouldn't call it a party..... OK it's a party kind-of. HO! HO! HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS, JOYOUS KWANZAA & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were able to complete a blog in such a short amount of time; plus, it was a really great blog. I loved being able to sub for you guys. Mr. Kootman should get sick more often;)
Your blog has so many great details! Have a wonderful holiday break. I will miss seeing your smiling face.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you were able to complete a blog in one day i cant even do that.your a really cool person.

your friend,

Deisha

Anonymous said...

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

Anonymous said...

WOW,Kianna you did a great job on your blog.It was fantastic.

Anonymous said...

WOW,Kianna you did a great job on your blog.It was fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I really liked your attention getter about when Ms.Sarina took place for Mr.Kootman.It really pulled me in to it.

Anonymous said...

That shure is a big blog Kianna!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kianna, your Blog.IT really grabbed me in to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! you had a better everything than my blog.You had a great attention getter.It pulled me in like a black hole.Also you discribed the day really well!!
BYE!!!

Anonymous said...

I like how what you did for your ending.

Anonymous said...

wow what a long ball

Anonymous said...

i love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Kianna,
i really like your blog it wondreful, fantastic, great, and amazing. You are a great typer. So keep on typing away. And I just want to say thank you for the comments.

Mattison(bff) said...

Hey Kianna,Just wanted to say that that was an awesome blog...I know i am typing this from 5th grade but it is awesome...Ms.Sarina is an awesome sub...